Refer a Patient
Because of its internationally recognized expertise in both Alzheimer's disease research and care, Banner Alzheimer's Institute (BAI) is a destination center for patients with cognitive concerns.
Our staff works with primary care physicians and referring specialists to provide a comprehensive standard of care for patients and their families.
Referring a patient is easy. Simply:
- Complete a consultation request form and fax to (602) 839-6906 or
- Call us at (602) 839-6900.
Each patient receives a 90-minute initial evaluation with BAI experts that includes:
- Detailed medical history
- Physical examination
- Cognitive battery to evaluate memory abilities and thought processes
- Overall assessment and plan.
Our experts may also recommend and conduct additional tests, including laboratory work and brain imaging scans.
When the BAI team reaches a diagnosis, we develop an individualized treatment plan and share it with the referring physician as well as family members and caregivers.
The recommended approach to care may include:
- Drug-based therapies
- Engagement in family and community services
- Participation in state-of-the-art research, including studies of experimental treatments in clinical trials available through BAI.
Most patients and families who come to BAI choose to have us provide their ongoing dementia-related care, although we are happy to provide a comprehensive plan of care to the patient's primary care physician.
BAI makes hope and help possible now.