The Family & Community Services (FCS) team provides education and support to those living with memory and thinking conditions. People receiving care at one of our Arizona memory centers may participate in one-to-one, family and group counseling to:
- Adjust to a new diagnosis
- Adapt to changes and transitions
- Cope with new roles and responsibilities
- Manage stress, depression and grief
- Find community resources and benefits
- Plan for legal, financial issues and long-term care needs
Want to meet with an FCS navigator? Call us to schedule an appointment.
Get your guide
Patients and families at any of the Banner Alzheimer's Institute memory centers receive Navigating through Memory Loss: A guide for patients and families. It’s also available for others to purchase.
The Banner Alzheimer’s team knows that no two individuals or families experience Alzheimer’s disease or a related dementia in the same way. However, there are basic principles of living with Alzheimer’s/dementia that our team has collected into Navigating through Memory Loss: A guide for patients and families. This exceptional resource addresses current and ongoing Alzheimer’s/dementia medical, emotional, social and financial needs, including:
- Symptoms associated with all types of Alzheimer’s/dementia
- Strategies for living well
- Ideas to creatively address behavioral challenges
- Important resources for all aspects of caregiving
- Tools for day-to-day and long-term planning